There are those people with albums and albums-worth of vacay photos and clubbing snaps. And then there’s US. The homebodies. The proud members of #TeamBahay. The ones who are perpetually on #LolaMode and have no plans of fixing that. Here are 33 things that make us who we are + some tips on how to successfully drag us out of our crib. How many of these are true for you? 🙂
Friends | NBC
1. We are your typical bahay-office people.
“Gtg. I have a game / series / movie / pet / idleness waiting for me at home.”
2. Yes, we’re the first ones to “time out”
and plunge into the traffic. “Bye-bye, mga bes! Hanggang sa muli!”
3. Coz we actually set aside time for ~home time~
4. And making us go out is so darn DIFFICULT.
“Hang out – hang out pa. May group chat naman.”
5. Work is one valid reason for going out.
Most others are optional.
6. Physical contact with the outside world is limited time only.
“My social interaction for today has reached its limit.”
Charlie’s Angels | Columbia Pictures
7. Coz we need time to be UGLY and UNCIVILIZED
and wear our holey shirts, and fart whenever, and not worry about being judged.
8. And we have a loving relationship with our bed.
“Coz all of me loves all of you~ Love your curves and all your edges~”
9. We’ve also developed strong indoor hobbies.
Scrolling on social media aimlessly, binge-watching a series, joking on the internet, etc.
10. And we’re actually most talented at home.
*randomly breaks into song that turns into the best live performance of the era*
11. Overall, we have a satisfying home life.
See? There’s really no reason to go out.
Easy A | Screen Gems, Olive Bridge Entertainment
12. We may or may not be introverted.
Or we may be perpetually in need of a nap and prolonged inactivity.
13. We’d die of starvation if there’s no food at home.
But then we’ve mastered food delivery, pabili and pasabay so we stay cooped up as planned.
14. We hate getting caught in traffic.
“So can I just leave my mortal body here and astral-travel home?”
15. A perfect Friday is spent at home
wearing daster, lying in bed, doing anything that’s absolutely pointless and unproductive.
16. Long weekends are life’s GREATEST M I R A C L E ~
Plans: “Wala. Matulog.”
17. Work from home is ~ The Dream ~.
Or better, not to work at all and lie on a bed of cold, hard cash errday.
Dragging Us Out
Doctor Who | BBC Wales
18. We weigh in the weather when deciding.
Malamig? Mainit? Bumabagyo? NOPE.
19. We also consider the location’s proximity.
More than an hour’s commute? Traffic going there? LOLNO.
20. And VERY IMPORTANT: Once we’ve come home, we’re never going out.
“No. I’ve already unhooked my bra.” / “I already took off my pants.”
21. OR, “Puntahan nyo na lang ako sa bahay.”
“Magdala kayo ng foods.”
22. We’re great at crafting good excuses to get out of a plan.
“Cough, cough. I’m sick.”
23. But we’re offended when we’re not invited.
At least ask us out of courtesy? We also have F E E L I N G S ~
24. But there are occasions we can’t just miss
e.g. weddings, christenings, bridal showers, etc because apparently we have human relationships to maintain.
25. And the perfect time to ask us to hang is . . .
When the internet’s down, or there’s power outage, or you’re already at our door and darn hell-bent to drag us out.
Freaky Friday | Walt Disney
26. Just the thought of prepping already exhausts us.
Oh, the effort that goes to look like a proper human (maligo, magbihis, mag-toothbrush)
27. If it’s acceptable, we’d hang in our pambahay
+ bare oily face + uncombed hair = “Take me as I am, friends!!!”
28. When we’re forced to go out, we’re hours late.
“I’m sorry. I had a horrible fight with myself before getting here.”
29. And a few hours into hanging: “Gusto ko na umuwi.”
“I have reached my social interaction quota for the day.”
30. Sleepovers are out of the question.
Waking up in your own bed and wifi = IRREPLACEABLE
31. But if we really have to go out on the weekend, the other day is definitely “Bahay Day.”
“I have to gather all my strength and spiritual energy to be a productive member of the society next week.”
32. Going out-of-town / out-of-the-country is a GREAT IDEA, but really exhausting.
Must pack, can’t bring all of your stuff, settles for less, must unpack later, and there’s no Bahay Day!! #hassle
33. There was a time when we weren’t like this.
“An adventurer with an insatiable wanderlust.” Now where did that go? Ah, yes. Along with our youth.
Game of Thrones | HBO
Really don’t like going out? 🙂
Like this post? Share it with your friends on social media! Share buttons can be found below.